Short essay on solid waste management | Essays online to buy

The reuse and recycling of solid wastes can also serve as a means for conservation of energy. In the light of this, let use see, what are the principles guiding the management of solid wastes. Recognizing that our resources are finite and continued pollution will be difficult to rectify in coming times, the management of solid wastes has become important. Before disposal, a Pay for essay writers raw materials and short essay on solid waste management waste quantities Reuse of waste materials Energy recovery i Reduction in Raw Materials and solid Waste Solid wastes are generated at the start of the process beginning with the mining of raw material.

Thereafter, solid wastes are generated at every step in the process of conversion of goods into products.

Online Help

The products are then short essay on solid waste management by the consumer whence again wastes are generated. Clearly if a reduction in the usage of raw materials is to occur the quantity of waste must be curtailed. This can be achieved by a Reducing the amount of materials used in the manufacture of a product, b Increasing the life of the product, and c Reducing the amount of materials used for packing the consumer goods.

For example, the paper bags used to bring home groceries are used to store household wastes prior to placing them in containers used for storage for collection. Soup and vegetable containers are used to store cooking medium, like ghee or oil.

Importance of solid waste management

Newspapers are short essay on solid waste management to start fires in fireplaces; they are also tightly rolled and used as logs for burning. While all the above reuses are important, their impact on generation of solid wastes is minimal. A much larger impact would occur if this habit is encouraged on a large-scale, in urban and town communities. Most suitable Dissertation food waste about 70 percent of the components that comprise solid waste are organic, the potential for recovery of heat energy is high.

The energy content in the waste matter is short essay on solid waste management to a form that can be used more easily. The remainder ash is also more compact and weighs less, occupying a smaller volume. A wide variety of waste construction materials, municipal sewage and industrial by-products, forestry waste and urban waste like rags, plastic bags, newspapers, etc.

Such wastes can be used for incineration to recover their heat energy. For instance, short essay on solid waste management 10 percent biomass produced in paddy fields forms rice grain, the remaining 90 percent is usually burnt but can be put to good use. If burnt in skillfully managed incinerators, paddy straw turns out to be far cheaper about one third than local as fuel for power generation. The availability of paddy straw is also good.

Essay Writing Tips

In Punjab short essay on solid waste management, bout 5 Mt paddy straw is available. In remote areas, for power generation through small and medium units, the bulk of power needs of the farm sector can be easily met by using paddy straw.

Conservation of Physical Resources Man is integral part of the biosphere and therefore, is totally dependent on its recourses. His future and even his survival, depends upon the rational use and conservation of the resources short essay on solid waste management to him. If the environment is to continue to sustain life, it must be protected from the consequences of our own actions.

Breathable air, clean water, fertile soil, and innumerable life forms, are all important resources that are vital to our own survival. This is particularly important because physical resources are limited.

57tdY